These delicious and flavorful chicken tostadas are super-easy to make and great for the entire family.
- 8 corn tortillas or tostada shells
- 3 medium tomatoes Diced
- 4 medium avocados Diced
- 3 tbsp red inion Finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro Finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili poweder
- 3/4 tsp salt coarse salt recommended
- 1 juice of lime
- 15 oz can of black beans low sodium drained
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup feta or Cotija cheese crumbled
- cooking spray
- Tostada shells: Line a large baking sheet with a silicone mat and place tortillas in a single layer. Spray both sides of the tortillas with cooking spray and a sprinkle of salt. Bake at 400 degrees F for 6 minutes per side.
- Guacamole salsa: Mix tomato, avocado, red onion, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and lime juice.
- Assemble tostadas: Top each shell with guacamole salsa, beans, chicken and cheese.
- You can substitute refried beans for black beans.
- In this recipe, adjust the amount of salt to taste. Be sure to account for salt in other ingredients such as your chicken and beans