Healthy Salmon with Lemon and Garlic
Eating healthy doesn't have to mean giving up your favorite foods. This salmon recipe is a tasty alternative to the usual chicken breast and offers more protein, essential omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients.
- 4 salmon portions skin-on
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 8 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper before cooking.
- Heat a large heavy pan on medium-high heat. Add oil and heat 30 seconds. Place salmon portions into pan, with skin side up. Sear 3 to 4 minutes, then flip over and cook remaining side 3 more minutes.
- With lemon juice in the skillet, add garlic to the skillet and sauté for 1 minute. Add salmon and cook until fish is cooked through and flakes with a fork.
- Add fresh dill to your salmon portions before serving. Serve the salmon with lemon slices on the side if desired.