Healthy Quinoa Salad
Holiday season is total madness between gift shopping, hosting, attending and, well, life in general, but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice eating well. We’re all about assembled meals that don’t require cooking, like this fall quinoa salad. Once you’ve steamed or pressure-cooked the quinoa, you just have to toss in the remaining ingredients for a quick and healthy meal.
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 lemon zezt and juice only
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cooked quinoa slightly cooled
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup parsley roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion sliced
- 1 small pomegranate, aris only
- 1/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- In a small bowl, whisk together pomegranate juice, lemon zest and juice, and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Add more oil if needed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together quinoa, walnuts, parsley, green onion, pomegranate arils, and dried cranberries. Drizzle on vinaigrette to taste, and toss until well-coated. We used all of the dressing, but always err on the side of caution and pour slowly! Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately. This salad keeps in the fridge for 1-2 days.