Watermelon and Arugula Salad
This recipe is perfect for a hot summer's day. Sweet, savory and easy to make.
- 5 ounces argulua
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup halved & pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt perferrably coarse
- ground black pepper season to taste
- Assemble the salad: In a serving bowl, combine the arugula, watermelon, feta and olives.
- Prepare the vinaigrette: In a small measuring cup or bowl, combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients and whisk until blended. Taste, and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Wait until you’re ready to serve to add the dressing to the salad. Whisk the vinaigrette one more time, then add about half of the vinaigrette over the salad. Gently toss to combine. Add more vinaigrette if necessary to one's taste.